Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Bounding Through Life!

I'm sure I've mentioned how much I love all things Disney a few times. I take inspiration where I find it: Shakespeare, Disney Movies, Ancient Greek Mythology, my old journals, 90's sitcom reruns...where ever. I am not a clothes person. If it's comfortable, clean and I can move in it, I'm good. At least most of the time, I do enjoy feeling girly and getting dressed up. Still with me? To sum up: I love Disney and clothes have always been low priority for me. Good, it will all make sense shortly.

Last spring I took Roo to Epcot, you can read about it here: Epcot on Wheels. In an incredible stroke of luck we were first through the door at the character spot that morning and we ended up in a group shot! Here's that picture:

Whole Gang

That picture was when I realized I needed to take better care of myself. I had carefully selected Roo's clothes, accessories and shoes. I'd brushed and braided her hair (and re-brushed and braided through the day). I had braided my own wet hair and slept on it. I never glanced in a mirror. I didn't even think about sitting up straight because I was worried about whether the girls were looking at the camera. It was only 9am, it's really unacceptable.

So, Disney photos were my wake up call. Now what? I wasn't suddenly going to be a fashionista or wake up early to put on make up every morning. I'd been reading about other people's trips to Disney and I discovered Disneybounding! It's outfits inspired by Disney characters. That was my speed for sure. Here is the blog that started it all: Disney Bound.

I had a trip to Magic Kingdom planned for later in the month so I decided to give it a shot. I dressed Roo as Rapunzel. She wore her Rapunzel shirt with a purple shirt. We did two braids and a sunshine barrette. Everyone got it. I went as Aurora. I wore a pink top and khaki shorts. I put my hair in a curled ponytail with a sparkly gold hair tie. I even painted my nails like Aurora's dress.

Roo-punzel Aurora

Hair & Nails

Hair Aurora Nails

Nobody got my Aurora bound, but that wasn't the point. I gave myself some thought and time. I felt pretty all day and loved all the pictures. As far as Disneybounding it was only my first try if I wore it again I would do white on the bottom and a spinning wheel necklace.

Later that summer I did an Anna bound for a local bookstore's Frozen event and loved it! It was very simple dark blue tank top (the color of her skirt), pink beads (color of her cape) with jeans and boots. I even braided my hair. I felt so good about myself that night. Lots of kids called me Anna that night, so fun!.

Anna Bound Elsa & Anna

My next opportunity was in the fall when I took Riley to Disney for her birthday. I decided to do Rapunzel this time. I wore a purple tank top with a lacy back with jean shorts. My friend french braided my hair and I borrowed some flower barrettes from Riley. I even used my Rapunzel bag. No one got it again, but I was happy.

Katie Punzel Punize Hair

Now that I was getting the hang of it I was out of Disney trips! As it turned out my wonderful husband got me an annual pass for my birthday! Yay! I joined a Disneybounding group and started planning my birthday Disney trip outfit. I settled on Tiana, but the group and blog gave me so many ideas I ended up Disneybounding the whole week!

Monday: Russell from Up

Russell Picture Russell

Tuesday: Bolt

Bolt Book Bolt1 Bolt2

Wednesday: Emperor Kuzco from Emperor's New Groove

Kuzco Boom Baby Accessories

Thursday: Ray from Princess and the Frog

Ray Ray Bound 1 Ray Bound 2 My Evangeline

Friday: Briar Rose

Briar Rose Picture Briar Rose 1 Briar Rose 2

4 comments:

  1. Can I say that I absolutely LOVE reading your blog! Victoria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love to hear that someone's reading and enjoying.

      Delete
  2. Katie, Ray should be your look--the lines and the colors are fabulous for (and on) you! Carole

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love that one, it was my favorite of the week. :)

      Delete