Sunday, April 29, 2012

Like A Fish to Water

We brought Riley some awesome Nemo floaties from our honeymoon. She'd only used them once in a full bathtub until yesterday. I'm not a big beach fan (bad balance + sand and waves= trouble) so my kids don't go very often. Yesterday, we met Mike's aunts at thier hotel so we could go swimming. Pools with a view of the beach are totally the way to go. It was a beautiful day. We stopped on the way for a new bottle of spray on sunscreen, love that stuff.

She took to the water like a fish. In hindsight, I should have gotten myself ready and then her, but Aunt Lara was already in the pool so she didn't have to wait for Mommy. The pool was even heated which was awesome. I found the fun noodle to be a great way to stay a float as well as correl my swimming todler. She swam the length of the pool at least twice. It was a lot of fun.

When it was time to go it was very difficult to get my little fish out of the pool. Later that day when she woke from nap she was still saying "I wanna swim for 2 more minutes, Mommy." My little fish objected to a swim break until she was pruney and exhausted. That's when after, getting her into dry clothes, she had a little break down. It was only at this time Mommy realized it was an hour past nap time. Oops. She did not as I had hoped sleep on the drive home. We had grapes before we left, but we got milkshakes in the drive thru too. I think besides being worn out were a little hungry.

We went home and we both had a much needed nap. She really enjoyed her swim time and I did too. Nothing like a warm pool. We'll have to do some more swimming over the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment