Friday, April 13, 2012

A Time to Lean

My wheelchair has been in need of new tires since February. It just seemed like something that could wait until after the wedding. I got through everything on bald tires and then gave up on using the chair. I liked that I didn't have the choice, but I've wanted to sit lately. On the other hand I should be able do to everything I did pre-surgery without compliant, right? It's been five months.

I'm healed enough to get around, but not to abandon using the wheelchair inside the house occasionally. I haven't been using it. I haven't been resting at all. I have been attempting to use one cructh or use the furniture to hobble around a lot more. Today Riley handed me a crutch and said "Here Mommy. There's your crutches. You use them so you don't say ouch. Hold the handles." My little helper. She's probably right. Maybe I should use them both more often. Maybe I'm pushing too hard.

PS: I pulled a tendon in my hip

No comments:

Post a Comment