Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Some Days Are Unexpected Treasures

After my last post I didn't want anyone to think I gave up on life. Things got crazy with Easter. We had a lovely time and I'm sure I'll get a post up about it soon. Riley goes to "school" Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I made up a song about her schedule for her it goes like this:
Today is Monday. It's a school day. So, let's go there right away.
Tuesday's a home day, Yay, Yay Yay.
Wednesday we go back to play.
Thursday with Mommy.
Friday's fun then our week is almost done!
It was a pretty big hit. Monday I stayed to volunteer most of the morning with the kids. Than after nap Mrs. D texted that she'd written a blog about the morning. It seemed funny to me because nothing had really happened, but her post was all about what a lovely morning it had been and how happy she was. I certainly agreed that it was nice to have chaos of the holiday over with.

Today though I totally got it. I woke Riley up and got her dressed. I enjoyed having a leisurely breakfast with her. I had a doctor's appointment at 10am so we didn't need to rush. We had a lovely talk and sang together on the car ride. We picked up my mom because I assumed the Ortho would want hip X-rays and someone would need to wait with Riley.

I brought her Color Me a Song toy for the waiting room. She drew me some sunshine. It turned out to be a brief wait and a brief appointment. Riley was very good. The nurse gave her a pink lollipop, Easter stickers and a teddy bear sticker. They love Riley there. Who wouldn't? After we were done I decided we should go get a happy meal for my good girl.

We went back to grandma's to eat our lunch and watch a little PBS, Super Why I think. It was very pleasant. Then we had an equally lovely chat on the way home. We talked about how she'd go on a big airplane soon. She declared it would be a "biiiiiiig pink plane!". She has a pink Little People airplane toy. This made me laugh quite a bit. We read Clifford's Manners before nap. She was really impressed so we read it three times (normally two is the limit).

I'm hazy on the details post nap, but she was just "so Riley." It was a real pleasure to be around her. She had a good snack and then colored some pretty pictures. We watched Alice in Wonderland. Isaac had a good day at school. I gave him a fresh behavior chart and new copy of the rules for his door. He's been stepping up so far this week. Then I got Riley dressed for the long awaited return to dance class.

She did great. She had a bad fall during frog jumps that caused a serious bloody nose. After some ice and rocking she was rearing to go. What a tough cookie. She finished out class and earned a princess sticker. It was just a really amazingly pleasant day. Scary bloody faced toddler injury aside. She's fine now by the way.

1 comment:

  1. Some days will be like that, we hope, as time goes by. They become more fun and even more adaptable and the joys multiply.

    ReplyDelete