Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Easter Bunnies

Because a bunny's got to accessorize Riley and the Easter Bunny (once she woke up)
My mom's in town and spring break has sprung so we took the kids to see the Easter Bunny. We had lunch first and as we were leaving the restaurant Riley had a meltdown. Not a fussy tired meltdown that is easily overcome by a short car ride, but a complete freak out. Crying so hard she was gulping for air, screaming, pain cry. Nothing helped. I started thinking maybe she wouldn't be in the Easter Bunny picture. By the time we arrived and I put her in the Snugli she was already calming down. Thank you teething. I really thought she had been injured in some way, but I guess a sharp tooth pushing through soft gums is pretty injurious.
When we got to the place where the Bunny sits he was on a carrot break. We waited 10min in which my now happy smiley little girl fell sound asleep. I gave her to the bunny that way and laughing, snapped a few pictures of her sleeping soundly. I decided it was pretty adorable and when she did wake up as you can see she was slightly concerned. The final picture I bought has a broadly grinning Isaac who insisted rather than wear the nice bunny ears they provided for pictures he wanted to wear the cardboard ones that said "Tyrone Mall" on them and a just awake slightly concerned Riley.
I could have stood there another 10min and tried to get them both to smile or make Isaac wear the nice ears, etc. I certainly witnessed moms insist on a "perfect picture" when I worked as Santa's Elf at Macy's and literally stand on their head to get it. I remember my little sister greeting the Easter Bunny with terrified screams and I was grateful we avoided that. If there had been tears it would have been ok though. All you can do as a mother is make sure they're well rested and excited and snap the picture quickly. Pictures of kids (in my opinion) holiday or otherwise should be a reflection of who they are at the moment because it'll change.

1 comment:

  1. I swear you have the same Easter Bunny as us...he is a pretty busy bunny :)

    ReplyDelete