Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The Verdict is in

I finally went for my follow up with the doctor today.

1) I do NOT have a bone infection after all, phew.
2) My Scoliosis increased from 5degrees to 13.9degrees (YIKES), but is not surgical. We'll watch it for now.
3) My left hip is way worse than we thought and needs to be replaced ASAP. We scheduled surgery for April 29th.
4) My right hip also needs to be replaced, but is nowhere near as urgent so we will see how my recovery goes before discussing that.

So, Yay for no long term IV antibiotics! Boo, increased curve in my back. Yay, no back surgery. Boo, 3 more weeks of pain (he still won't prescribe anything). Yay, new hip. Boo, being in the hospital (aka away from Riley). Yay, I only have to stay 3 days. Boo, more tests to get clearance for surgery. I could go on all day...

Here we go...

No comments:

Post a Comment