Saturday, January 29, 2011

Riley's Restaurant

This morning after giving the kids breakfast and dressing the baby I decided to get dressed and even (gasp!) put on some make up. I had of course done a survey of potential dangers and gaged big brother's mood. I was sure they'd play nicely for a bit. I was right.

When I came back to check on them mid-way through my make up application they were playing in Riley's room. Aside from the wall of toys Isaac had built to pen her in all was well. I reminded him how unkind that behavior is especially in Riley's own room. Riley was blissfully unaware of the barricade. She was very busy stirring in her yellow teacup with a smiling soup spoon. I asked her if she was making soup for Isaac. "Hassss!" she replied and continued stirring.

Isaac glanced up from Riley's little doll house where he was pushing Little People off the roof and with the disdain of a 13yr old girl dripping from his words replied "No, thanks. I don't need any soup in a teacup" I'm sure this remark did not have the effect he intended because I laughed which caused Riley to laugh and left him scowling.

Then I said "Oh, Riley you should start a restaurant. Soup in a teacup is quite a niche."

While I sat typing this Riley got into the kitchen garbage. I would re-think any reservations you made for her soup restaurant....

1 comment: