Friday, May 18, 2012

Sleepy Kids & Canines

Leeloo slept like a baby in her crate ("room") last night. We moved her closer to us. There were a few whimpers, but nothing like last night. She's make a quiet whining noise and I'd say "it's ok." and she'd settle right down. She slept several hours before needing to go out and pee pee. She had a little bit of trouble settling down after her trip out back, but she did. As usual she was up at dawn and everyone else needed to be too! It's hard to be mad when you wake up to puppy kisses.

I got Isaac out the door on time and was overwhelmed by the feeling I'd forgotten something. The end of the school year becomes a relentless onslaught of events. Yesterday, he had a big party for his last gifted class of the year. Today, was a inflatable water slide party for meeting his reading goals for the state "battle book" program. If it's not food or plastic silverware it's a bathing suit and change of clothes. Isaac is certainly the kid who would forget his head if it weren't attached, but I'm usually pretty on the ball. Back to back parties fried my circuits a bit.

I, of course, had Miss Roo dressed with shoes on and hair done up and fed, but was still in my PJ's. I explained to Riley we needed to be heroes! Like Mulan (a new favorite of Riley's). She was hesitant, but game for the adventure. I dressed quickly with a little shoe help from my husband. Then Riley helped me gather Isaac's necessary garments and put them in a bag. She's very helpful picking out clothes.

I explained that we were NOT going to Isaac's class just into the office. She was a little bummed. I think she thought we were joining the water slide activities. I parked in a space that probably wasn't meant for me, but they only have a single handicapped spot anywhere near the office and it was taken by a parent running in with a tardy student. Riley objected that this was not her school. I explained that was next, but next is tricky when you're two and a half. Riley walked in with me all business and then didn't want to leave. I explained now it was time to go to her school and now is something she has a firm grasp on.

"We're heroes Riley!" I told her as we made our way out of the parking lot. I stayed with my favorite toddlers most of the morning. When I came home however, my puppy was displeased. She was mopey and mad. She went potty on every pee pee pad in the house and off of them a few times no matter how long I spent outside with her. She was just upset with me for leaving and Mike for working instead of playing with or taking her out as often. She had more accidents today than in the entire time we've had her. Regressive days happen in potty training. She's lucky she's cute and that Nature's Miracle spray exists.

After a long afternoon Isaac ended up having a friend over to spend the night for the first time ever. His friend had never spent the night away from home either. They're 9 & 10yrs old. They were so excited, it was adorable. When we told them they'd have their own pizza they jumped up and down. They watched movies and played a Star Wars computer game. They were in their PJ's by 9:30 and settling down by 10pm, but when we got up to take Leeloo out at 2:40am they were still awake! They went to sleep shortly after.

Leeloo did even before better than the night before. She settled right in for bed. Woke us up only once, did her business and went back to sleep. She even got up at dawn and waited another hour to insist someone play with her. I think like human babies puppies get their days and nights confused at first. I think she's figured it out now.

No comments:

Post a Comment