Thursday, May 10, 2012

Baby..er..Puppy Steps

We've had Little Miss Leeloo one day shy of a week. We have never left her alone at this point. She went from all her siblings around to at least one member of our family. When my father-in-law invited us to dinner my very first thought was "What about the puppy?". I think my exact response was "yes, but I'm an anxious new puppy mommy so I hope service is fast." To which he replied that it would would be good for her. I know it's silly, but it felt a lot like the first time I left Riley with a sitter.

Grandma come to relieve me of Miss Riley in the morning. I'd been really disrespectful of this lastest operation. Over-doing it and ignoring it for almost a week. I can hear the Ortho saying "Every surgery is a tremendous insult to the body." I laid in bed cuddling my puppy off and on all day. We decided to baby gate the living room while we were gone. At this point she has never been in her crate with the door shut. Mike would walk her right before we left and hopefully she'd sleep during most of our absence. It was harder for me than her I'm sure. Nine weeks is still such a little baby. I know most people leave their puppies alone earlier on and often, but I didn't have to so I didn't.

She did great while we were gone. She didn't get into any trouble. She was happy to see that we were back with company. Leeloo didn't use her puppy pad during the two hours she just pranced right out and pottyed outside when we returned. I was very proud of her. I think Grandpa and Yaya enjoyed meeting her too.

No comments:

Post a Comment