Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Wheels!

My tires were so worn down there was no tread left, but I needed to put all of our money towards the wedding. We paid for the wedding ourselves and have no debt from doing so. It just means we have a full back burner of necessary stuff to wade through now. With Mike's car all fixed up it was my turn. This is what my tires looked like:

As you can see they were shot. I've had this wheelchair about 11yrs and never replaced the front casters so we went ahead and did them too. I like the last picture because it looks like they're going to wheelchair tire heaven. Obviously, I've replaced the tires quite a few times just not since my back surgery two years ago. It was time, especially since I'm going to be laid up for a little while after Thursday.

Here's what my chair looks like with proper tires and spiffy green casters on the front.

Close-up:

I think Miss Roo are gonna take it for a test drive at the mall today.

PS: Oh My! I can't believe how long I "dealt with" those bald tires! It's like I was walking around in shoes two sizes to small and now I have shoes that fit properly. Whew. Now, surprise! all my labwork for surgery has to be done today ):

1 comment:

  1. The same chair for 11 years? Did I read that right? I have had mine for 6 and my new replacement just arrived. I have to pick it up this week. All my chairs have sorta broke down and I have had to replace them about every 6 years. 11 years is impressive. :) Yeah new wheels. I had the same ones for four so I know the feeling.

    ReplyDelete